InStep Trail Runs
1. All runners must run the marked course. There will be plenty of signage, cones and volunteers to direct you. Anyone not running the marked course will be disqualified.
2. Your Race Number must be worn on the front of your clothing and be visible at all times.
3. Runners must ensure their number is duly recorded by a race official if asked; we will have someone recording numbers for each loop..
4. What to do in the unfortunate event that you are not able to finish the race: Any runner dropping out of the race shall do so at an Aid Station and make sure that this is duly noted by a race official. Please turn in your chip at this time to an Aid Station Official who will ensure proper recording that you have decided to not continue. Transportation to the finish area will be provided upon request. Any runner dropping out of the race without informing a race official is subject to being banned from all future InStep Trail Runs. Do not become a “lost runner”.
5. Runners will accept and follow all the directions and decisions of all Aid Station and medical personnel.
6. NO LITTERING ON THE TRAIL. Use the garbage cans or carry your garbage to the next aid station.
We are required to leave the trail as clean, if not cleaner, than we found it. It is the responsibility of the runners to keep the trail clean, not our volunteers. Please pay special attention to proper disposal of gel packets, plastic bags and foil wrappers. Any runner caught littering on the trail is subject to immediate disqualification. Please carry any litter to the next Aid Station where garbage bags are provided.
7. All aid stations will close at 6:30 PM. If you decide to continue on after the posted closing times, you are no longer considered an official participant of the race and do so at your own risk.
8. ANY RUNNER NOT ADHERING TO ANY OF THE ABOVE RULES IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION AND BANNED FROM FUTURE INSTEP TRAIL RUNS.
9. All 63K solo runners must be at least 18 years old to run
EVENT RULES FOR SPECTATORS
1. Do not litter on the course, or on the property of people living near the course.
2. Pets must be leashed at all times.
3. Keep track of your children at all times – Do not allow any children to go on the course looking for their parents. It is very easy to get lost on the trails. Please keep track of your children at all times.
4. Always respect race official’s decisions and other runners while they are on the course.